COOPH Celebrates Earth Day 2018
When on the lookout for some new threads, you’re probably thinking about comfort, style and functionality. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! But what about the environment? Luckily, COOPH’s apparel combines all of these characteristics within garments that are environmentally ethical and responsibly sourced. To celebrate Earth Day 2018, we are proud to share with you the top five steps we’ve taken to make our apparel even more sustainable.
1. In 2016, we started producing t-shirts from 100% organic cotton. Certified by the Global Organic Textile Standards and the Fairtrade initiative for sustainable practices, these garments are both high in quality and environmentally friendly.
2. In 2015, we teamed up with a manufacturer in Turkey to produce our hoodies in accordance with the bluesign® system. This accreditation ensures that the garments avoid the use of potentially damaging substances or chemicals.
3. Water resistant layers are typically made from plastics, which are notoriously bad for the environment. Using densely woven cotton fibre, our weatherproof field jackets are expertly made in Poland with safe and natural materials sourced from Swiss weaving mill Stotz.
4. For the t-shirts we make in India, we switched our packaging to biodegradable bags back in 2017. Even the little things can make a big difference, because environmental responsibility should start with the seller, not the customer.
5. Many of our products are handmade - and not just because we like the bespoke and personal touch. We’ll always pick the traditional craftsmanship of independent manufacturers over polluting factories with questionable labor practices.
But it doesn’t end there. Sustainability is a lifelong commitment and we’re only getting started! Check the photos below for a behind-the-scenes look into our production processes, then head over to our store to get some gear of your own!